Wednesday, 10 June 2009

First Few Days in Singapore..

I AM HOME!

It feels a little weird though.. I clearly know the differences between living in Perth and in Singapore. I just needed to kind of figure out what I really want in life, where I belong to and where I want to fit in. It's all about choices. My life no longer stays in this little dot on the map. I am plotting my life on this very interesting graph.

I met Weiliang yesterday. COOL, love him. He foresees many things about me. So meeting him first was totally interesting. He sees my point and what I am talking about. I have a lot of respect for him. I respect him as much as my dad, which is very rare. He tells me I am viewing things as a student and I am missing out a lot from the perspectives of someone working outside. I have to agree. But what he was trying to say to me was.. Good start that you've stepped out of Singapore. Think about it. Since you are already out of your comfort zone, stay outside for a couple more years. You will have no problems adapting in foreign lands and there is so much to learn. Don't expect too much though, in terms of remuneration. It's just a starting point.


This leads me to thinking what have been happening to my friends. Working in Singapore is crazy. All my friends are forever working overtime. So much so to the extend that Yuan doesnt even like want to talk to me. He's depressed and he cant even find that few minutes to text me back?! Today I received a call from Joyz, just whining about how she is being bullied at work, bla bla.. We can't avoid such office politics, I know it's common. I also know Singapore is not a good location to work in. Anyway, I have another year to think about this..

It's like my SECOND OFFICIAL DAY home.. and my shoulders are getting heavy. I met Kong last night and he was talking to me about his career plans.. I feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of problems I have on my shoulders now. I WANT TO BE THERE FOR ALL MY FRIENDS. I am prepared to come home to be here for everyone. That's a huge difference compared to Perth. All I ever needed was to take care of myself only. But no worries, just call if you need me.

There are many issues I seriously need to think about, at this point in my life. I am 24 this year, I should be heading somewhere in my career or start planning for a family, etc.. But I chose to be flexible and took the route to study when Dr Trish Todd offered me Masters. I know I will lose out to most of my friends in many aspects, because I am slower, even though I will be more qualified. LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, isnt it?

And Bell is never someone to follow the norm, I just want to answer to myself and when I look back 20, 30 years down the road, I can answer to myself if taking this route is worth it. Anyway, life is ever changing, just enjoy whatever comes along the way?

I've shopped a little too much these days.. getting all the stuffs I might need when I go back to Perth. Yesterday I bought 2 pairs of shoes and a lovely dress.. That's not the end of the list though.. haha..


Look at the passenger seat, that was first half of shopping yesterday


Today, I did something. I wrapped one kilograms of nougats. haha! I cant get everyone a gift specifically because I have too much people to meet, unless you specifically ask me to get you something. But everyone just tells me to come home safely. I did :)

Darren, your bottle of sand is soooooooooooooooooooooo much work. You outta thank Thomas for the drive to Cottesloe beach at night, then I had to bake them in the oven because the sand was a little wet, so moist. Then I had to pack them nicely, then then I had to go round looking for the bottles and here is your final product.


Can someone please remind me if you ever think that Bell is becoming more selfish? I am a little worried. I am afraid staying in Perth.. where everyone mostly cares about themselves.. I don't want to become like that. I am still happy to go the extra mile for my friends and do the little things I enjoy :) Thanks!