Saturday, 13 June 2009

My Family

Everything is pretty much the same at home. Nagging mum, problematic sister, shopaholic beauty queen sister and even my irritating brother.. haha. except just one. My dad. I started to notice the change in his lifestyle, like the eating habits.. and since when he needs to start taking medication? I love my dad very very much, so I am very concern. Last night, I was just sitting in the living room, waiting for him to open his second can of beer. GOTCHA! Caught red-handed.. I think he needs to cut down on that. I understand how frustrating and difficult life can be sometimes, but beer is no solution. My dad drinks when he's very happy or he has a whole lot kept inside him. The regular Monday drinking sessions are the happy ones, usually. I used to drive him to and fro his drinking sessions. It's only been a few months, and I am noticing some changes. I am going to make some changes, whatever it may be. He needs to drink less.

The more time I spent with my parents, both of them.. The more I feel the need and responsibility to look after them. Mum whines a lot, I guess that explains why I whine a lot too! She would go on and on about different problems. We went to the temple yesterday and I saw her praying to this god that looks after people's relationship. I mean, how can my mum be praying for relationship right? It's obvious it's for my siblings.. She was just telling me it's time they get married bla bla bla bla bla..

I need to prepare some documents for court, because my dad needs to claim bad debts or something, in short, to get his money back..
See? How can I not come home to look after them?

Mingyi said it's alright to just come home when they need you. That's being responsible too. But I feel we should be there for our parents at all times, not just when they need us.

Guys do think differently. It's like usually the guys are the ones that want to apply for PR in Australia, whereas the girls might prefer to go home.. It's very different attitudes. Does this explain why people nowadays prefer to have daughters than sons? Hmm..

So much thoughts.

To be continued..