Saturday, 7 March 2009

Bell's Cooking

I cook 50% and the other 50%, I eat out.
It really depends. I cook on Monday evenings, then I'd have the same thing for Tuesday's Lunch. I dont cook on Tuesday evenings, that's when my lessons end late, so I eat out. Then Wednesday I'd cook Lunch, and have the same thing for dinner. Pretty much routine.. If someone asks me out for a meal, I'd probably go unless I am too tired.

It's really difficult to cook for one person. And if I buy prawns, I'd be stuck with it for a few days. So I have a box of eggs, this explains why I cook them so often. So I cook 2 meals at one shot. I get a bit sick after some time, and the washing is just tiring. It's different from cooking at home. I am living with someone, so you follow their house rules. The way she washes her dishes is so different from mine and she's happy to have a layer of oil on the pots and pans. She's not wrong, it's a cultural thingy. In fact, I think she's right to have a layer of oil, so your pots and pans won't rust. But back in Singapore, I'd make sure it's very clean. Climate, weather makes a difference I guess. After washing, it takes about 5 minutes for the plates to dry? I don't see ants around, even after cooking?

Also, there are many dishes that I want to cook, but can't do so for certain reasons. I want to steam eggs or fishes, but I dont have the mini metal bowls that we use? I can't get it here in Perth. So I can never steam egg till I find something similar? I can't steam fish, unless I invite a few friends over for dinner, if not, it doesn't make sense to do so?

Most of the time, I just use the soy sauce?

This is delicious. I am surprised! I wanted to cook fried rice, but figured out it's too troublesome, so I just added the eggs and prawns on top of it.

I have to say, this is by far, the worse. It's edible of course.
The corn spoilt the whole soup. I put too much corn, it just doesn't taste fantastic.

Eggs again.
But this is slighty different. Did you spot chunks of children?
There are bits of it and I actually added cheese to my eggs! It's nice :)

What should I cook tomorrow?