I didnt know I was studying so hard.
Lecture notes on the right, course guide, photocopied textbooks, making my own notes and other chapters on the left. I felt, WOW.
I have to admit I am not studying as hard as I used to, for many many factors, some of which I am still trying to figure out why my pace and concentration is so affected over here.
School is HEAVY. I cant cope with 4 modules. I always feel I am doing 6 undergraduate modules this semester. There are more chapters and much more readings. I am not talking about a few pages per reading, but my readings are going by per chapter. The lecturer uses multiple textbooks, so there's just a lot. It's never-ending.
Mark says I slack a lot, because each time when I say I want to study, I ended up doing something else instead of studying.
I try to, but there's so much to do everyday. I have to hand wash my clothes, my pillow casings, my bed sheets, my towels. I have to cook, I have to vacuum my room and the house. I might not be studying exactly, but least I am doing something useful.
Back to talking about school.
When Dr Fang first wrote a formula on the white board. I was thinking to myself, what the fuck? Really.. It's Marketing, do we need formulae?
Then the next day, Prof Dick wrote a formula on the board again. Why do different Marketing modules have formulae?!?! As I was reading Prof Dick's readings today, there are MORE formulae!! And I do statistics for Marketing - like on consumer behaviour and patterns? determine market potential, share, etc. It's insane!
Alright, I'd get back to studying!
I am in the midst of switching course, from Masters of Commerce to Masters of Marketing. I hold a general business diploma, a general business degree, and now I am doing a general masters in business. I jumped into everything when I was being offered, because I didnt want to miss this intake.. It just hit me one day, that I am doing pure Marketing modules, but I am taking my Masters of Commerce. I could do a double major - Management and Marketing, which is not necessary? Prof Alvin asked why would I want to study whatever I have studied over and over again? Masters of Commerce is more for people who have reach a point in their career, that have no business background, that dont know what a balance sheet is, etc, so they further so they can move on to higher levels in their career. Prof Dick was the one who advised me to do the switch, since I am sure I want to go into Marketing, least for my studies. Also, I feel Masters of Marketing is more 'valuable' than Masters of Commerce because it is more specialized. If I switch to Masters of Marketing, I get exemptions of up to 4 modules, which is one semester. But unfortunately, I am enrolled in Global Marketing Strategy this semester, which I have taken at undergraduate level, there is nothing I can do about it. I either drop the module or take it. But dropping it doesnt make sense since I am not going to get a refund. So I am still kind of struggling with 4 modules.
If I do Masters of Marketing, I can complete it in one year, but I'd have to overload with one module next semester. I cant even cope with 4. 5? That's insane! I can't do it.. so I negotiated with Prof Alvin that I want to do 3 modules next semester and 2 modules the next next. It's like staying for the duration of Masters of Commerce (1.5 years). I know I would have to incur living expenses for the last semester, but I dont wish to compromise my grades in any way. Also, the switch means I get 3 modules exempted, I would have saved about 10k. So I still think its a good deal?
Well, wish me luck then!
Cheers :)
