Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Best Day in Perth!

I have to say things started off terribly, right from the moment I step foot on this sunny land.

I dont wish to talk about it exactly because it's upsetting how I ended up being homeless, how I managed to figure out everything by myself. I have settled down and I am very very proud of myself for coming so far. The first few days were unbearable, I could not imagine myself going through it again. My parents picture was my main source of motivation. I do not wish to disppoint my family in any way and I will fight this battle and come out of it stronger.
After many days of looking at their pictures, I guess things got a little better?

But today was like the BEST DAY in Perth, so far.. Best in this 2 weeks time, that I decided to publish a post.

Things were so bad, I gave up on this blog. But today is an exception.

So what's so special?

I attended the Oak Tree Launch at Trinity. It's basically volunteering work and they need to recruit volunteers to help them for the next 8 months, 6 hours every week. I have to say, they speak very well and the presentation was impressive, backed with a huge amount of data from different sources.

What hit me very hard, was the speech from the CEO. He mentioned how everyone is equal. I am no different from the less fortunate. I was so inspired by his speech that I really do wish to join his team to create a difference. But in the end, I found the whole thing overly commercialized? But I am surprised to see the amount of people who turned up. I am sure the response is much better than Singapore's.

The pace in Perth is very slow, very laid back.. so instead of finding myself, I tend to get lost. But this launch was like a wake up call for me. Hey Bell, that's where you belong. For some people, music is their life. For me, this is MY LIFE, MY PASSION.

I miss my team, Blessings in a Bag.

I miss Darren keeping quiet and sitting by one corner, just sorting his stuffs. I miss Dan's smiles, I miss the 'energy' from Emily and I miss Arbella's little reactions to soft toys. I miss all of you..



If I fly back to Singapore in June, I should be in time for Camp Rainbow. I've gotten the invitation for committee this year and be-friender. But I guess I can only play a Calefare role this year.
I wish to be back, to enjoy our weekly sortings.
Take care guys!