Tuesday, 19 May 2009

Going Home..

It's such a weird feeling that I have... to going home..

I should be looking forward, but something is holding me back, which I cant explain exactly?

The best explanation I can find for myself is..

I am someone who adapts very quickly to a new environment, I have no problems getting around and making friends. Maybe I have sort of, found my 'identity' in Perth. So now that I am going home to 'fit' into my 'old identity' in Singapore, it just feels weird. Then again, I will have no problems since I adapt quickly? It's like a transition period?

Another possible reason could be because I havent been home for a long time, so I get this strange feeling. When I was in Tokyo, it's more of having fun than studies, seriously. So now that I am really LIVING in Perth, it's just different.

I am looking forward because I miss so many people.

My Dad. The one who gives me enormous support and strength in my life, who is also the one who protects me and dotes on me, all at the same time. My dad would be heart broken, but at the same time very proud of me, to see me grow. My dad was such a strong motivating factor in my life.

I miss Mummy's cooking! I miss her nagging sometimes, just having her around, even though she can be quite annoying. Trust me, they meant well. My mum fought so much in her life to protect all of us. She gave her everything, her all, her time and effort, her love to all of us. Nobody would be as concern about me as my mum.

I actually miss my sisters and brother's terrible behaviour! Making lots of noises, watching a lot of tv, talking on the phone loudly, stepping into the house with shoes on, etc..

I miss Yuan, I really do. If I ever had a best friend, he would be? It's so comfortable to hang out with him, it's like I am always in this comfort zone, whenever he's around. I miss his silly behaviours and stupid reactions, sometimes. haha.

I miss my university friends, Xiaoqi, Jessica, Shiling, Adrielle & Shaowei.
I miss my BIAB team members! I just cant wait to throw darren away! haha.
I miss my primary school friends, which I am trying to organize a gathering or something, though Andy and Benjamin won't be around.. but least I'd get to see Ping Ling :)

The list goes on..

And of course I miss you! Jasmine :)

You were always there for me.. Each time I receive a mail from you, it reminds me of the times you'd write me letters after we went to different schools. She'd write stuffs like 'Do you have a boyfriend?'.. wow.. 10 years back! Now, she writes me little words of encouragement. Thank you darling :)

19 days to going home..