Saturday, 23 May 2009

Mandarin Ducks

I am not sure how many of you actually know what happened to my mandarin ducks, the fate of the pair. But I am sure most of you know I own a pair of mandarin ducks.

It was love at first sight, I couldnt stop thinking about it, that I went back to the store and bought it home.

It's probably unusual to buy it for yourself. It is usually given as a gift. I bought it because I believe I am the master of my own fate and I bought it to give myself some hope.

Both ducks fell off, at different times.. With my stubborn personality, I would fix it back and I did. But on one of the ducks, there was a crack. It's still in tact, but there's just a crack, you can see the line. That's not me. That represents Zhiwen. When the first duck fell off, maybe it was because Zhiwen had a girlfriend, but when the second duck fell off, I knew it was because of the way the staff handled my baggage.. so the ducks probably suffered some injuries before it reaches Perth.

I still display it, for many reasons..

About 15 minutes ago, I kept it in the red traditional box which comes with it.

I dont know why, I pass by them every single day, but something struck me, at that instant, that I decided to stop displaying it.

I was talking to Raymond online, he knew about my ducks. I told him I have such BAD LUCK IN RELATIONSHIPS. I do. He's not the only one to agree, so many people have to agree with me. I waited 6 years for Qingrong, then I met Weiqi and spent another year or so.. And another year plus for Joseph, before I was stuck with Zhiwen for 2 years. I still call him dumb because all along I've been protecting him. I dont think anyone actually remembers his name. This way, nobody can tarnish his reputation whatsoever. Now, I am just happy we're friends.

I know its a little depressing having to mention this myself. But hey, let's face it. Bell has BAD LUCK IN RELATIONSHIPS.

I am not saying this because of a particular incident that happened lately. But I've lost hope in this aspect of my life. I've waited 10 years for the one, the one, my one? I am blessed, I have many good friends whom I can rely on though..

OK, back to reality..

I am alright, I merely wanted to express how I feel..

And I'd get back to my life without the one.

For your information, UWA has a lot of mandarin ducks. They swim in pairs.. Similar to the peacocks, they are permanent residents of UWA :)

Good Night.